Friday, February 26, 2016

Blog Eight: Freedom

One of the freedoms granted by the Preamble was to promote the general Welfare. It is supported in today's society because of hospitals, doctors, convenient pharmacies, Obamacare, etc.

My answer to the general Welfare being supported by today's society reinforces my belief in this freedom. It reinforces my belief because it gives me good details of how our society supports the general Welfare.

This freedom is not really portrayed in The Giver. It is, but it is not like our society. In Jonas' society, they have Audiologist, Occupational Therapist, Optometrist, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, Speech Pathologist, Physiologist, etc. Most of the jobs are doctors. There are some pharmacists, but that is pretty much it. They don't have insurances from what I have read so far. Their society supports general Welfare but not like our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment