Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blog Three: "What If?"


I think my life would be completely different without the knowledge of historical events. It sounds like a small thing that doesn’t really make a big impact in a person’s life but it actually changes a lot. Without historical events in my life, I would not have a social studies class, I would not have done projects about famous people in the past, and I wouldn’t have been able to do the Wax Museum that I did in 5th grade. The list can go on and on but these are just a few things that would have been different in my life. Without historical events, our world would not have been what it is like today. It would have been a lot worse. If the general public had no background knowledge of historical events, a lot of bad things could have happened. We learn from our mistakes so without knowledge of historical events, we would have made the same mistakes over and over again. I think that history is important because we can learn new things of things that happened before our time.

During the discussion, a lot of people said many things that brought up good points. It made me ask questions in my head about some of my own thoughts. I agreed with most of the things that everyone said because it was pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Some people said the same things I was thinking but it was just a different situation. After I started hearing different situations, I started thinking of more in my head. The discussion helped add to my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment