Monday, April 25, 2016

Blog - 42 Reflection

Discrimination is harmful or unfair treatment to different categories of people or things, especially the subject of race, age, or sex. The definition of discrimination to me is when people judge or treat people differently because of their race, age, or sex.

My brother experienced discrimination once when he was at school. He was talking to his friend in spanish because his friend didn't talk very good english. When his teacher heard him talking in spanish, his teacher told him, "If you are going to talk in spanish, then go back to Mexico." My brother was very angry when she said that because he isn't from Mexico. Just because he spoke spanish doesn't mean he was from Mexico. When my mom heard about it she contacted his school because she knew that it wasn't okay for his own teacher to say that to him. This was a time someone I knew experienced discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment