Monday, April 17, 2017

Blog Post #4

"Before he went to sleep, though, he wanted to check out the early Christmas present he had opened after dinner. A short time later he began to shudder uncontrollably. He clenched his fists so tightly that his fingernails sliced into his palms. His muscles spasmed as his body convulsed, and he nearly choked to death on his tongue. When the convulsions stopped, with eyes wide and bloodshot, and lips pulled back in a grotesque expression that was definitely not a smile, Chris went into the kitchen, pulled a huge knife from the butcher block, and slaughtered his entire family as they slept."

Write a short paragraph (five sentences) about why you chose this passage.

I chose this passage because when I read it it definitely caught my eye. It changed my whole attitude on the book because this is the first really big thing that has happened in the book. It had me wondering what his Christmas gift was and if this was the reason he went crazy. I also like the description in the passage because I feel like I was looking at Chris and watched his every move. I was very shocked to read this because the whole book is very calm and this changed everything dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment